Your Beaumont & Redlands Orthodontist
Meet Alexandra Chamberlain-Umanoff, DDS, MS
Dr. Alexandra Chamberlain (“Dr. A”) grew up working summers in our practice as a Sterilization Technician.
After falling in love with the blend of art and science unique to orthodontics, she decided to follow in her father’s footsteps. She joined our family practice in 2019 (and her parents couldn’t be prouder).
Education & Experience
Dr. Alexandra completed her undergraduate degree, dental degree, and orthodontic certification at the University of Southern California.
She earned her Bachelor’s degree with a major in Biological Sciences before becoming the first student at USC to complete her Licensure by Portfolio while pursuing her DDS.
Dr. Alexandra went on to earn her ABO Board Certification and Master’s degree in Craniofacial Biology while serving as Chief Resident in the USC orthodontics program.
She also served as part-time faculty for pre-doctoral students, working on academic courses and orthodontic modules.
Organizations & Involvement
- Chair, CDA Student Delegation
- Volunteer, USC Mobile Clinic
- Executive ASB President, USC Dental School
- Student Commencement Speaker, Ostrow USC Dental School
- New Dentist Task Force, CDA
- Council on New & Younger Members, PSCO
- USC Song Girl
- Miss Greater Inland Empire, 2011
Achievements & Awards
- Co-author of AJO-DO cover article about virtual bracket removal (Aug 2021)
- Award for master’s thesis about virtual bracket removal, PCSO
Outside the Office
Dr. Alexandra met her husband, Brian Umanoff, at a USC tailgate while they were attending dental and law school. Today they reside in Orange County and spend their time golfing, exploring new restaurants, traveling, and cheering on the Trojans.
Outside of the office, Dr. Alexandra enjoys jigsaw puzzles, line dancing, mystery novels, and spa days.