Meet Your Redlands Orthodontist
Dr. Craig Chamberlain has been practicing orthodontia since 1989, specializing in orthodontics for children, teens, and adults.
During his years of practice, he has developed two mantras that govern his work: “The greatest achievements are those that benefit others” and “Great smiles make the world a better place.”
From an early age, Dr. Alexandra Chamberlain-Umanoff (“Dr. A”) dreamed of following in her father’s footsteps to become an orthodontist.
Since joining the family Practice in 2019, Dr. Chamberlain has been handcrafting radiant smiles.
Why an Orthodontist in Redlands?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As orthodontists, they have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Redlands Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Redlands orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Redlands orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Chamberlain Family Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Redlands area.